In my short blogging career there have been very few things that have driven me to write a blog. It isn’t very often that food irritates me to the point that I cannot take it anymore and I simply must tell everyone I know and even those few people I don’t know who actually read this blog. People, today I’ve had it. You must know how much I hate Hardee’s. The top five reason why I hate Hardee’s, in no particular order, are:
- Ranchero Burger= Half naked girl on mechanical bull
- “Cheese Paper” You remember this, right? The guys were slurping the cheese off the wrappers that their burger came in? Dis-Gusting!
- The Mini Burger commercial where the girls come running over to hang all over the guy and tell him how “cute” his burgers are.
- Most recently the commercial where the stupid girls are eating the chicken strips and talking about how hard it is to bread chicken (come on!)
- And finally the subject of this rant: What they are portraying as a “man’s grilled cheese sandwich” which is actually… a burger.
I’m not quite sure why it bothers me so much. Maybe it’s the fact that grilled cheese sandwiches are pure and should not be tainted. They are the crispy, yet gooey bit of perfection that was the making of extra special dinners when you were sick, later matched with tomato soup after you played in the snow, and, if you were uber-lucky like my brother and I, was breakfast at Granny’s house. Grilled cheese sandwich is a name that describes our childhoods. It’s not the name of some new grotesque invention of a grotesque fast food chain. It is not meant to have bacon and ground beef on it. It is simple and perfect. Two slices if bread, two Kraft Singles, with lots and lots of butter. That’s is. That’s a grilled cheese sandwich.
Wow! Do I feel better!